Alright guys.. VGA's were awesome.
We got The Last of Us, Dark Souls 2, Tomb Raider,
Bioshock Infinite and so on...
Yet, there was one thing that really blew my mind:
The Phantom Pain!
Not only does it look fuckin' intense and graphically stunning,
it's also surrounded by conspiracy and mystery! Why?
Because this is probably a teaser for either Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
or Metal Gear Solid V. (Or the reveal of MGS:GZ's being MGSV...)
Here's the trailer, but be warned it's pretty graphic!www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfajB…
Here are all the things others and I so far seem to have
- Developed by Moby Dick Studios
Said to be a new development company in Stockholm, Sweden, which was founded by CEO Joakim Mogren.
- Joakim = Kojima / Mogren = (M)Ogre(n)
Hideo Kojima has been working on something called Project Ogre, for sometime now...
- Engine bears a remarkable resemblence of the graphics shown in the Ground Zeroes Trailer, same with the heavily
injured protagonist and "Snake" aka "Big Boss" (Lightning, clothing and animations like the running cycle)
- In the beginning, the protagonist recognizes his missing arm and the prosthesis, blossoms falling out of nowhere.
The flowerfield and "The Boss" of MGS3 come to mind
- Hints at past MGS Bosses in the trailer like Volgin and Psycho Mantis
- Some of the first screenshots to showcase a new "feature" of the new FoxEngine, was the possibility to make a bra
visible through white clothing, screens of a nurse outfit were shown, similar to the one in the trailer
- The development company's name might be a hint at the story direction and so does the whale and the arm prosthesis.
Like in Moby Dick, where Ahab lost his leg to Moby Dick and replaced it with a sperm whales jawbone, the story might be
centered around the downfall of "Big Boss"
- Lastly: The Lines behind the title "The Phantom Pain" seem to spell "Metal Gear Solid V" like shown in this video:www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTPY8v…
Whatever it is, I'm extremely excited to see more of it but I really would be surprised
if this is in fact a whole new game, by a new development studio and not a MGS.